2000 Schempp-Hirth Ventus 2AX, N57LK -AD254
We list a constantly changing inventory of salvage. Check back often to stay current with our listings. To bid on any of these salvage items, click on the aircraft profile, click the Bid on Plane button, fill out and mail/fax your bid. For general questions on our salvage program, please email or call Robert Kehoe at 212.952.0100. For questions on a specific salvage, please contact the handling office found at the bottom of each salvage bid sheet.
2000 Schempp-Hirth Ventus 2AX – AD254 Close Date: 10/01/2019
This is to advise that the above damaged aircraft, insured by United States Aircraft Insurance Group, which is managed by United States Aviation Underwrites, Inc. (USAU), is for sale as is, where is, with no representations or warranties as to the aircraft condition. The undersigned agrees and acknowledges the following additional conditions:
(1) USAU will notify the FAA of the condition of this damaged aircraft,
(2) The aircraft salvage will be sold without an FAA Bill of Sale. The successful high bidder will receive a generic Bill of Sale for its records,
(3) The airframe data plate will be removed,
(4) USAU will make an entry in the aircraft logbooks indicating that the aircraft was damaged, and;
(4) A cashier’s check or certified check will be provided to USAU within (10) days of notification of the successful high bid. The aircraft will be released to the undersigned upon receipt of the funds.
USAU, Inc. reserves the right to reject any and all bids. All storage charges incurred after October 31,2019 will be the responsibility of the purchasers.
AIRCRAFT: 2000 Schempp-Hirth Ventus 2AX
SERIAL NO.: 137
APPROXIMATE TOTAL HOURS (estimated from logbooks or other available information)
AIRFRAME: Approximately 871 hours
EQUIPMENT: See Photos
DESCRIPTION OF ACCIDENT
Canopy came open while on landing approach. Pilot lost control and crashed in a parking lot off the airport premises.
DESCRIPTION OF DAMAGES
Broken left wing, vertical and horizontal tail
LOCATION OF AIRCRAFT
(N82) Wurtsboro, NY
Note: Storage facility will not comment on wreckage. It is recommended each purchaser inspect the damaged aircraft.
Please submit your bid on this form and return so it is received no later than NOON,EASTERN TIME, OCTOBER 1, 2019. No bids will be accepted after this date.